Hi, I'm Sean Reiser, a Flushing, Queens, NY based technologist specializing in full-stack Drupal web development. I am open to contract and full‑time opportunities.
I am an information technologist with over 30 years experience in application and web development. Over the past 12 years I have specialized in developing and supporting Drupal websites as a developer, themer, and site builder. I am proficient in leading an internal or external development team, liaising with contractors and managing client relationships.
Please feel free to look through the rest of this site and evaluate my experience. Contact me if you decide I can be of service to you.
|US Employment Eligibility||
|Years Experience in Software Development||
|Years Experience in Drupal||
Freelance Drupal Developer
- Design web strategies based on an evaluation of an organization's processes and upcoming needs.
- Architect and develop websites in Drupal versions 6, 7, and 8.
- Design, develop, and custom modules for Drupal 6, 7, and 8 in PHP5 and PHP7.
- Perform data migrations to Drupal 7 and 8 from a variety of data sources including drupal 5, 6 and 7, custom CMSs, MYSQL, MSSQL, and flat files. Migration API and Feeds API were heavily used.
- Upgrade custom Drupal Modules and Themes from Drupal 6 to 7 and Drupal 7 to 8.
- Liaise with designers, on-shore and off-shore developer and hosting partners.
- Perform periodic and security updates as they are issued on drupal.org.
- Please view my portfolio for samples of sites I've worked on.
In-house Contract Web Developer
- Performed full stack web development for all Markle websites including markle.org, skillful.com and other temporary websites. Sites were built in Drupal 7 and Drupal 8.
- Rearchitected and converted markle.org from Drupal 6 to Drupal 7
- Served as liaison between Markle and their design partner
- Migrated site to Pantheon’s Drupal cloud hosting service to improve performance and site reliability while reducing costs by $500 a month.
- Assisted Markle’s communications team in developing and realizing a new content strategy to effectively communicate Markle’s mission, programs and impact
- Implemented SOLR Search allowing for faster and more flexible searching
- Performed periodic security updates and maintenance tasks
Interim Development Manager
- Managed a team of 4 in-house programers and liaised with off-shore development teams
- Served as lead developer and technical architect for a job initiation system written in C#.NET using Visual Studio 2008, and SQL Server 2005. This three tier web forms application allowed clients to request work from the agency and provided global visibility to work in progress reducing duplicate work by 45%
- Advised “C level” executives at Enfatico and Enfatico’s parent company, WPP, on the use and position of Social Media and Networking properties
- Designed and developed a capital expenditure system in C#.NET, using Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2005. This product included tracking of management and finance approvals of capital expenditures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance purposes
- Implemented a blog, staff directory and wiki based on Drupal 6.0 for internal and client facing collaboration. Several custom modules were written in PHP5 giving employees access to internal HR databases and tools. A theme was implemented based on a design laid out by internally graphic design staff
- Designed and developed an automated mutual fund analytics engine in C#.NET using Visual Studio 2005, and SQL Server 2005. This application runs automated on a nightly basis, and determines a value for individual mutual funds based on the value and volatility of the component stocks in the funds
- Supported and maintained a legacy mutual fund rating system written in Visual FoxPro, C#.net, and Visual Basic 6.0 while developing the new analytics engine
- Architected a port of a Clipper 5.2 application to xHarbour
The Clayton Group
- Supported and maintained a loan review system written in Clipper 5.2
- Designed reporting system in Visual FoxPro
- Designed, coded and implemented a VB.NET application to import flat Clipper data tables into a data warehouse. The data warehouse is stored in SQL Server 2005. The application used SQL Server’s DTS to import the data
Citigroup (formerly AST Stockplan, Inc)
Vice President, Information Systems
- Supervised a team of 8 in-house developers in developing a stock plan administration system
- Served as liaison to offshore development teams
- Designed a disaster recover plan while was implemented in the wake of 9/11 with no loss of data or business
- Managed system and data migration plan for the merger of Citigroup’s and AST StockPlan’s systems
- Rearchitected ESPP process flow reducing processing time by 25% while increasing accuracy by 75%
The Chase Manhattan Mortgage Corporation
- Supervised a team of 8 developers supporting and maintaining a mortgage originations system written in CA-Clipper 5.2
- Automated the process of retrieving credit scores allowing fast approval of credit applications
- Designed and implemented an application running on the Palm Pilot allowing more efficient home appraisals
Law Journal Information Systems
- Maintained a vertical market application written in CA-Clipper, which provided New York State docket information to law firms
- Designed, implemented and maintained CA-Cliper applications for the day to day running of the business including programs to track the status of title applications and billing
Sr. Support Technician
- Provided online and telephone technical support for Computer Associates’ programming languages
Drupal Versions 6,7,8, Site Building, Responsive Theming, Module Development, Drupal Administration, Maintenance and Support, Pantheon
Website Infrastructure Management
Linux, Apache, MySql, Varnish, Memcache, Apache SOLR, Bash, Pantheon
Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Training, Mentoring, Code Review, Performance Review,Full Project Lifecycle, Requirements Gathering, Use Cases, Build vs. Buy, Vendor Selection
Clipper, FoxPro, dBase, Harbour, xHarbour, xBase++, Delphi
Event Photography, Corporate Headshots, Portraiture, Landscapes, Photo Editing, Photo Recovery
I have 13 years experience developing Drupal websites.
I've had a role in building over 150 Drupal Websites for Non-Profits, Small Companies, Digital Agencies, Media Companies and Startups. Here is a selected sample of the sites I've worked on