Ham Steak with Apples
Nothing better than apples and any pork product. Here's a quick and simple dish I made last night and served with green beans and rice.
- 1 - 2 lb ham steak
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 apple cut into cubes (I used a Fuji Apple)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat a 12" (number 10) cast iron skillet under medium-low heat.
- Add the butter to the pan allow it to melt
- Add the ham steak to the pan. Fry from 3-4 mins on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add the cider, apples and cinnamon to the pan. Deglaze the pan (Scrape up and bits of ham that stuck the pan). Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5-10 mins (depending on how hard / soft you want the apples)
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a bowl. Add to the pan and stir as the mixture thickens.
- Return the ham to the pan, Flip and stir to cover the ham with the apple mixture. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
Share and Enjoy!