Hi I'm Sean Reiser, this is my Personal Blog
Anne and I have been watching The Crown. We just got to season 3 and I have some questions:
- There must've been an x-mas special between seasons 2 and 3 because the entire royal family seems to have regenerated. Where can I get that it doesn’t seem to be on Netflix.
- Was Churchill on his 13th body? He didn't regenerate and seems to have died.
- Do they cover why the Royal Family didn't travel back in time to change the results of the American Revolution? Let me guess, fixed point in time.
- I hope there will be a story line where Elizabeth goes back in time and kills Wallis Simpson because of her bitterness over Edward’s abdication. That could create a timeline where the UK sides with the Germans during WWII and force Elizabeth to undo her actions and accept her fate as Queen.
- Does Prince Philip like the color of his kidneys?
Let me just say as interesting as this was, it would have been sooo much more interesting if The Master was the Timeless Child:
- Why is The Master unstable / evil? He subconsciously remembers all the experimentation done on his previous incarnations as a youth and he's now broken mentally.
- Why has Missy's character growth been undone? Finding out that he was betrayed by the Time Lords for a second time drove him to find revenge.
- How does he keep returning from inevitable demise? He has unlimited regenerations.
I'm sitting here thinking that I would have liked to have seen Terrance Dicks' take on the "modern" Doctors
Good to know that we're catching up with 1930's Dalek Technology.
I wonder if he insures alien attacks.
A friend on facebook pointed out after my earlier comment that purchasing the episode on iTunes would be better. Here is my response:
I don't disagree, as a matter of fact I paid for the entire season on iTunes weeks ago.
I feel there's a social contract: I watch the commercials, pay the fees to my cable company and BBCA shows me the entire episode, at the least the first time it's shown. I'm not anti-commercial, I'm anti-editing. I'd have no problem if they had to add 30%-40% to the run time to add the commercials since I know they need to make money. But to me this is bait and switch. You need to pay either through more commercials or buying on iTunes to see it completely.
I wouldn't have watched it today if I knew that I'll just be rewatching it tomorrow to see what wasn't shown on the first viewing.
"come back at 8PM and we'll show you the scenes we cut out for commercials"
That, BBCA, is why Piracy Exists.