Made a small Roast Beast for Christmas this year. The Girlfriend did the prep work on the veggies and potatoes while I prepped the meat and did the cooking. Merry Christmas! Share, Enjoy and God Bless Us, Everyone.
3.5 Lbs top loin beef
2 medium onions
2 sticks celery
1 bell pepper
8 red potatoes
1 bulb fresh garlic
1 tbs Oregano
1 tbs Basil
1 tbs. Rosemary
1 tbs Thyme
3 tbs kosher salt
2 tbs fresh ground black pepper
2 tbs Garlic Powder
4 tbs olive oil
Setup the Beef
1. Remove roast from refrigerator, let stand for 15 mins.
2. Mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Coat all sides of the roast.
4. Let Stand for 20 mins.
Prepping the Veggies
1. Peel carrots, garlic and onions
2. Roughly chop the carrots, onions, pepper, red potatoes parsnip. Add to roasting pan.
3. Add garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme to roasting pan.
4. Drizzle with 2 tbs of olive oil
Searing the Meat
1. Add remaining olive oil to frying pan.
2. Sear each side of the meat for 2 to 3 mins.
3. Add meat to roasting pan.
Cooking it All
1. Preheat Oven to 350.
2. Insert thermometer into Meat
2. Put Roasting Pan in oven
3. Reduce Heat to 300.
4. Cook for about 70 mins (until thermometer reads 140,the temperature will rise 10 degrees after cooking).
5. Let roast stand for 20 mins before carving.